Amplify our Message in Congress
The NRLN’s Grassroots Network is the heartbeat of our organization. It is the men and women—retirees and future retirees—who sign up to be Grassroots Advocates that are the voices who amplify the messages that must be heard by our elected representatives in Washington, DC.
When you enter your name, email address and U.S. Mail address in our database, you are joining this special group. Just take Action on one of our Action Alerts on our home page.
- The NRLN staff will send you email messages and progress reports on important retirement issues. Your contact information in the NRLN’s secure database will only be used to send NRLN messages to you.
- You will also receive Action Alerts when it is critical that retirees write to members of Congress on pending retirement legislation or other issues they should address.
- Your U.S. Mail address, including 9-digit Zip Code, is important because there are times when we need to identify the constituents of particular U.S. Representatives who should hear the views of retirees and future retirees from “back home” on bills before their committees.
- The Grassroots Network also needs volunteers as Congressional District (CD) Leaders for more direct involvement with members of Congress.
- When NRLN Grassroots Advocates are sent an Action Alert, it is intended to motivate our thousands of participants to personalize the sample letter provided and use the Capwiz system to send their messages directly into the web forms of House and Senate offices on Capitol Hill.
Since the power of grassroots organizing is individuals with a common purpose coming together to accomplish objectives, it is vital to mobilize large numbers of people.
We need more NRLN members to respond to Action Alerts. Please take Action on all Action Alerts and remind your retiree friends to do so also.
Sign Up to Receive NRLN Emails
If you are not already receiving e-mails from the NRLN CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW, you will be taking the first step toward doing your part to gain fair treatment for retirees.
We hope that you will also consider becoming an individual member of the NRLN by making a personal contribution by clicking on one of the other provided links.